Posted on by WestAIR Heating & Cooling
Clean air ducts help keep dirt, dust mites, and mold out of the air of your home. Turning on a contaminated or clogged heating and cooling system can cycle these potentially harmful particles into the air you breathe and decrease indoor air quality. How do you know if you need an air duct cleaning service?
Check with your local HVAC technician to find any visible mold or excessive dust and debris inside your ducts, or if there has been a recent infestation of rodents or insects.
• Change your furnace and air conditioner filters regularly.
• Check to make sure you use the right air filters that fit your equipment.
• Make sure your HVAC equipment is efficient and regularly maintained.
• Dust and vacuum your home regularly. Vacuuming can increase the amount of dust in the air, so it’s worth upgrading to a high efficiency (HEPA) vacuum cleaner.
• Seal off supply and return registers during home renovation or construction.
• Maintain your humidifier to prevent mold inside the home.
• Repair leaks and water damage promptly.
• Make sure ducts are sealed properly and insulated in attics and crawl spaces.
• Invest in an Aprilaire Air Cleaner to reduce the amount of dust circulating around your home. Air cleaners trap 98 percent of visible dust and irritating particles, and 97 percent of airborne pollen. Attached to your furnace, the filters remove matter through the blower fan and return clean air back into the rooms of your home.
Air duct cleaning is not an annual service, but might be needed after some time, especially if you have pets, smoke, sensitive allergies, respiratory needs, or live in a humid environment.
At WestAir Heating & Cooling, we use a specialized Rotobrush cleaning system to clean air duct systems. This “source removal” cleaning method utilizes powerful vacuums and brushes to dislodge any debris that stick to the surface.
If you think you might need your ducts cleaned or worry about your indoor air quality, contact us for more information.
This entry was posted in Duct Cleaning,Health Tips,Indoor Air Quality and tagged Air cleaner, Air cleaning, Air ducts, Air filter, Air filtration, Air quality, Allergies, Aprilaire, Clogged ducts, Cooling, Dander, Debris, Dehumidifier, Dirt, Dirty ducts, Duct cleaning, Duct maintenance, Ducts, Dust, Heating, Humidifier, HVAC, Mold, Moldy ducts, Particles, Pets, Pollen, Rotobrush, Vacuum
Posted on by WestAIR Heating & Cooling
Summer has arrived. And even though the temps are soaring, your energy costs don’t have to. We’ve put together our top tips to keep your cooling costs in check this summer.
Keep an eye on your thermostat settings. If your family is curled up under blankets on the couch, it’s a good sign that your thermostat is set too low. Aim for between 72 and 78 degrees in summer. Even bumping up the number 2 to 4 degrees will have an impact on your bill.
For the ultimate in home comfort and energy efficiency, install a programmable thermostat. Today’s technology allows you to access and control your home’s temperature remotely, and some thermostats will even “learn” and adjust to your family’s schedule. If you’ve already got a programmable thermostat, make sure you’re using it correctly.
Change out your air filter on a regular basis to ensure maximum air flow, improve overall efficiency, and prevent coil ice-ups.
Blocking out sunlight by closing your blinds can not only reduce your cooling costs, it also can keep out harmful UV rays.
Things can really heat up in the kitchen during the summer. Fire up the grill instead.
Unplug unused electronics or appliances. Use surge protector power strips or switched outlets that can be easily turned on and off. Don’t leave lights on in unoccupied rooms. While this may not directly keep your cooling costs down, you’ll still save on your electric bill.
It’s not too late to have your system checked by our professional technicians. We’ll make sure your system is running at the highest level of efficiency, determine if any repairs are needed, and make recommendations for replacement if necessary. We carry top quality air conditioning brands for the highest in energy efficiency.
Contact the cooling experts at WestAIR today. Call us at 763-498-8071.
This entry was posted in Air Conditioning,Cooling,Energy Savings,Tips and tagged A/C maintenance check, Air conditioner, air conditioning, Air filter, Annual service maintenance check, Cooling, Energy savings, Maintenance check, Programmable thermostat, Service, System check, Thermostat, Tips & advice
With RSS feeds, you don't have to visit our site everyday to keep up to date. Simply subscribe to our blog via RSS or Email and our posts will come to you!